Merrie, not far from my host family's house, in front of a divine tree--a tree that's been blessed by a shaman.

Friday, September 24, 2010

surgery

Just a quick note before I'm admitted to the hospital. I have surgery tomorrow morning (Saturday) at 7 AM. They're admitting me tonight to make sure I get a good night's sleep before surgery. I'm at the Bumrungrad International Hospital. It is a first class hospital. My hotel is across the street from the hospital, and the hospital staff wheels me over here in a wheelchair. And when I need to go back to the hospital, the hotel staff gets a hospital staffer to bring me over in a wheelchair. You would never get that kind of service in the States. The doctor thinks I'll be able to make it back to Mongolia within the 45 days, though I may have to return with a walking boot on my foot. I'm optimistic, and can't wait to get this done and back to Mongolia. My mom is going to come to Bangkok in a few days and stay for a couple of weeks, so I won't be without some help. Maybe we'll actually get to see some things too. We'll see--maybe a bus tour. Thanks for all your well wishes.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Merrie. I will be praying for you during surgery and recovery! It stinks to be injured! I know you will work hard and listen to your doctors advice so you can heal. Glad your mom is coming to stay with you. Take care Cuz...

    Hugs,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merrie, so sorry to hear of your issue. Our prayers are with you for the surgery adn a quick recovery in getting back to "work." Bryan

    ReplyDelete